How to Find A Reliable Tree Service Company Prairieville LA
Look For Experience, Recommendations, and Focus on Safety
When in need of a tree service company Prairieville LA residents will make the right selection by checking on a few important details. When reviewing potential providers for tree trimming service, tree removal service, or ongoing tree maintenance, Prairieville, LA homeowners and property managers can follow the following steps to ensure they hire a reliable, trusted partner.
- Look for certifications. Your Prairieville, LA tree trimming service should be licensed by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry. Look for companies that have staff with certifications as arborists, utility arborists, and landscape horticulturalists
- Check for insurance. All arborists should carry insurance to protect you, your property, and their employees. Companies should carry workers’ compensation coverage, personal and property damage protection, and general liability of at least $1 million in coverage per occurrence.
- Check references. Before hiring a tree removal service, be sure to check references. Ask for references from customers that have had similar work done or have similar needs as yours. Check the references and, if at all possible, visit those locations.
- Get more than one estimate. Get some context before selecting a tree service company Prairieville LA. Multiple estimates will help you not only compare prices but also review what’s included. Bids that are much higher or much lower than others should raise some eyebrows.
- Get it in writing. If a tree company does not want to give you a bid in writing, walk away. The same goes for a contract, which should detail all the services to be performed, the time it is projected to take, and the total costs. If you have any questions, make sure you have them answered fully to your satisfaction before signing. The contract should include start and end dates, who is responsible for cleanup, and who will dispose of debris.
- Check the equipment. Ask your potential tree trimming company about the types of tools and equipment they will be using on your job. Feel free to ask about how new the equipment is and for specific models, which you can then research yourself. Good companies use good, reliable, safe, and well-built machines and tools.
- Steer clear of door-to-door sales. Most top tree service companies do not try to solicit business door-to-door.
- Talk to them. When possible, talk to the principals in the company or the owner. Make sure you work with someone who cares about trees. Ask about their philosophy on pruning, canopy management, and preservation of live wood. You want someone who will love your trees as much as you do!
- Ask about experience. When you are dealing with saws, heavy equipment, axes, and dangerous work, you want to go with a company that has been there before and knows how to work safely.
At Arbor Tech Tree Service Inc., we offer free estimates, a commitment to safety, and more than 15 years of experience helping Louisiana homes and businesses with their tree removal and maintenance needs. Also servicing Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Port Allen, Brusly, Livingston, Walker, Watson, Plaquemine, Zachary, Baker, Pride, Addis, French Settlement, and Scotlandville.